Monday, December 19, 2005

Two posts in one day? Is this allowed in Blogland? Well I'll tell you what - I should know. I have, over the preceding few hours, become quite expert in the foibles of bloggers and their blogs. I have trawled the blogscape exhaustively, ducking into nooks and crannies, peering into disused corners, squinting underneath rocks, scrabbling through darkened underground gullies in search of reclusive bloggers. (Enough of the metaphor - you get the picture, I've read a lot of blogs.)

And I've come to the conclusion, after much analysis and statistical trend-plotting, that the average, and therefore standard, template for a blog post runs, if you'll forgive me a pastiche, something like this:

i have bought shoes today yippe! they are blue jeff dont like them but me happy!! jeff say his are better but pfffff what do i care loser! i go walking buy ipod technology cool... they are best download KT Tunstall and listen all... day.... off to petra crazy girl tonight to do a party wont take ipod LOL probably lose it nightmare...

Now then, I don't want to come across all superior and snob-like, but what the hell are these people going on about? It is too much to ask for punctutation? Does that make me sound like the most fuddy-duddy 'isn't it about time you were getting home, Grandad' bore you ever heard? I expect it does. But really. It's a sad day for the English language.

There are exceptions, naturally. I've managed to find a couple. Check out here and here to see how it should be done. Oh, and obviously everything you've read so far.

Crikey, that was a bit serious. I really should go and lie down. I'll be back to my cheery, whimsical self in the morn.

Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home